How To Use A Suppression
Each suppression is a collection of reasons why you wouldn't want to send someone a particular kind of email. There are five:
- 2018 Targeted Suppression: BASE
- 2018 Targeted Suppression: ENGAGEMENT
- 2018 Targeted Suppression: FUNDRAISING
- 2018 Targeted Suppression: ADVOCACY
- 2018 TarSup: FUNDRAISE INCL. MAJ. DONORS
In the "Select Recipients" step of setting up a Targeted Email in EveryAction, here's how you set up the suppression properly.
- Go to the second box in this step, "Exclude from Audience".
- Click the button next to "Saved Search and Lists
- Click on the search field under "Dynamic Saved Search", and a list of searches will appear.
- The suppressions should be near the top, but you can also search for them by typing part of their names.
- When you've found the one you want to use, click on it, and it will then be selected.
The full process of using "Select Recipients" is described in slides 6 through 12 of the guide to setting up a Targeted Email in EveryAction.